How To Make Fresh Mint Candy- Just 3 Ingredients!
Do you have an abundance of mint and don’t know what to do with it? Look no further, I have the answer you’ve been waiting for!
Recently I gifted a friend a mint plant and she turned me on this crazy simple recipe that taste amazing.
With just 3 ingredients and a handful of mint you can make Fresh Mint Candy.
There are over 2000 species of mint, but for this recipe you want to use one of the following:
- Kentucky Colonel Mint
- Pineapple Mint
- Apple Mint
- Chocolate Mint
This recipe makes a great treat for kids, for parties, as a garnish or just about any time you want a sweet refreshing snack.
Fresh Mint Candy
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Mint Leaves- washed and patted dry
- 1/4 Cup of Fine Sugar
Tip: I only had granulated sugar so I put the sugar in my blender until it became a fine powder
- 1 Egg White
*You can substitute 2 Tbsp of Corn Syrup if you do not want to use eggs
- 2 tsp of water
- Mix egg white ( or corn syrup) and water together
- Brush egg mixture on mint leaves
- Sprinkle sugar over fresh mint leaves
- Place Sugar Coated Mint Leaves on cookie sheet or on tray in food dehydrator
- Place in oven on lowest setting until crisp.
- I used my Food Dehydrator on 115° for 2 hours
- Remove your Fresh Mint Candy, let cool and store in airtight container.
Your Fresh Mint Candy will last a long time if humidity does not get to it.
We eat ours up before it ever has the chance to get soggy.
I like using smaller fresh mint leaves instead of the bigger ones.
The bigger leaves are sometimes hard to swallow if you chew them for a while.
The small mint leaves just seem to melt in your mouth, leaving a fresh feeling.
Do You Want To Know More About Mint?
Other Amazing Ways You Can Use Mint
In addition to all the wonderful ways you can use fresh mint mentioned above, I have some other articles that include mint.
A big shout out to my friend Michele P!