Thought you should know. I link to products and services that I love from time to time. Some of these links I have an affiliate relationship with. What does that mean? I may make a small percentage from any purchases you make, but don't worry, you won't pay even a penny more.
In a world full of harmful and toxic chemical cleaners there is actually a ray of sunshine, you can make your own all-natural and non-toxic cleaners! This homemade comet recipe is one of my favorite recipes and it is my biggest sellers at the market.
I call this the Everything Scrub because I literally use it on everything from: Sinks to Tubs, Pots and Pans, Oven, Burnt on food, Dirty hands, Etc. You will love how efficiently this scrub works- one of my favorite recipes and best sellers!
Homemade Comet Recipe
- Citrus Peels (from Herbal Citrus Cleaner Recipe)
- Baking Soda
- Citrus Essential Oils *
- Glass jar with lid
- Place Citrus peels in food processor until finely chopped
- Mix Citrus Peels and Baking Soda 3 parts baking soda to 1 part ground citrus peels, until a light yellow color and almost dry feeling.
- Example: if you have 1 cup of finely chopped citrus peels you will add 3 cups of baking soda
- Add Essential Drops (I use 10-15 depending on how big a batch I’m making), Mix thoroughly and Store in Glass Jar with Lid
- *Adding 5 drops of grapefruit seed essential oil helps act as a preservative
This scrub will replace your abrasive scrub, such as bar keeper’s friend, comet, soft scrub, etc.
If you are unable to make the scrub or don’t have the time, use straight baking soda.
The citrus in the scrub helps with grease and lifts stains, but the baking soda works good all by itself.
*Always use precaution when working with fine powders and work in a ventilated area to avoid breathing issues and lung damage. Wearing a dust mask is recommended.
Homemade Comet is Good for Your Wallet
The savings by making your own all-natural and non-toxic cleaners is what sold my husband (and will sell you too). By making your own cleaners you can expect to see a savings of over 80% and sometimes more!
Homemade Comet Price Comparison
Homemade Comet $1.00