Thought you should know. I link to products and services that I love from time to time. Some of these links I have an affiliate relationship with. What does that mean? I may make a small percentage from any purchases you make, but don't worry, you won't pay even a penny more.
Sweet Potato Quiche- Gluten and Grain Free!
Sweet Potato Quiche- I am always looking for new recipes my family will eat and enjoy, this recipe did not disappoint!
The sweet potato crust brings a nice balance to the savory filling and it’s loaded with seasonal produce that should be easy to find any time of the year.
You can adjust this recipe to be vegetarian by substituting the bacon with mushrooms or tofu.
This is a perfect dish to offer at gatherings where guest may have gluten or dietary issues.
Sweet Potato Quiche Ingredients
- 2 Medium sweet Potatoes or 1 large
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Cups of Spinach (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 oz Feta Cheese
- 1/2 lb of Cooked Bacon-crumbled. Reserve Grease.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Fresh Parsley
Sweet Potato Quiche Directions
You can make-ahead and just reheat before serving or eat cold, delicious either way you slice it.
- Heat oven to 400°
- Cook Bacon and reserve grease
- Peel and shred sweet potatoes
- Press shredded potatoes in a greased pie pan to form a pie crust.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 mins.
- Saute sliced onions in bacon grease
- Chop and add spinach to onions and cook until wilted
- Add milk, eggs, salt and pepper and stir.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and lower temperature to 375°
- Pour spinach and onions in pie shell, add eggs.
- Crumble feta and bacon and sprinkle over eggs
- Place on pie pan and bake for 25-30 mins until eggs set
- Let cool, slice & top with fresh chopped parsley
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
You may want to call sweet potatoes a Super Food, but I call them delicious. So versatile and they can bounce from sweet to savory.
In addition to being a Super yummy food, sweet potatoes pack a nutritious punch like:
- High in Vitamin A
“In one medium spud, there is over 400 percent of your daily vitamin A”
- A good source of Vitamin C
- Sweet potatoes do not cause blood sugar spikes
- High in potassium
- Contains Vitamin D
- Lots of Carotenoids
- Loads of fiber
Eating healthy never tasted so good!