Thought you should know. I link to products and services that I love from time to time. Some of these links I have an affiliate relationship with. What does that mean? I may make a small percentage from any purchases you make, but don't worry, you won't pay even a penny more.
Halloween is upon us and that means High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Dyes, GMO ingredients, and SUGAR.
Sugar-oh my hyper goodness the sugar.
Seriously y’all, how many days after Halloween do you deal with a sugar-high child?
Well I have one Healthy Halloween Dessert recipe that your kids will love and it won’t send them into a sugar coma.
Healthy Halloween Dessert- Your Kids Will Love
Jello has long been a favorite dessert from the very young to the very old.
Jello is served in hospitals to those who are sick, recovering from surgery. Not to mention it’s generally a toddlers first ‘real food’ treat.
But what’s in our beloved wiggly dessert? Regrettably, Food Babe says Jell-O is more of a Trick than a Treat.
If you would like to read more about the toxic ingredients of store-bought jell-o, click here to read the article by Food Babe.
Good News- You don’t have to give up your childhood dessert!
You can make a healthy jello recipe that taste great AND your kids will love.
Healthy Halloween Desert Ingredients
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk, Almond Milk or Coconut Milk- Chilled
- 3 Tbsp of Cane Sugar or Honey
- 2 Tbsp of Gelatin- Vital Protein Gelatin
- Kale for Garnish
- 8 Mini pumpkins
- 2 Tbsp Raspberry or Strawberry Preserves
- In addition to the ingredients, you will need a brain mold. However, you can use small dessert bowls.
This recipe makes 8 brains using mold recommended below
Healthy Halloween Desert Directions
- Heat orange juice over medium heat to almost boiling.
- Remove from heat and add Vital Protein Gelatin and sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of chilled milk- stir until blended.
- Pour jello into brain mold or dessert dishes.
- Chill for 4 hours or until firm
- When ready to serve, heat 2 Tbsp Raspberry preserves until melted (easy to pour)
- Remove stem from mini pumpkin and place on small plate
- Add kale to top of pumpkin
- Place jello brain on kale
- Drizzle preserves over brain
Healthy Jello Recipes
Healthy Dessert Jello doesn’t stop at brains- here are a couple more recipes you might enjoy.
- Candy Corn Finger Jello Recipe by Kitchen Stewardship
- Immune Boosting Herbs In Finger Gelatin by Common Sense Homesteading
- Homemade Jello Gelatin- Sugar Free Option by Whole New Mom
Bring On Fall
Would you like some more fall inspiration? I have some other amazing recipes, how-to’s, and DIY’s I think you will really enjoy!