Thought you should know. I link to products and services that I love from time to time. Some of these links I have an affiliate relationship with. What does that mean? I may make a small percentage from any purchases you make, but don't worry, you won't pay even a penny more.
Want a frugal gift idea that people will actually use? Then you will love this DIY Pancake Gift Basket! It is the Ultimate in Frugal Gift Ideas.
You can get really creative and cute or you can make it simple and sweet.
With a budget of less than $5.00, I went the simple and sweet route.
The Ultimate Frugal Gift Ideas- DIY Pancake Basket
Do you have people on your list that are hard to buy for? I have the answer for you.
Everyone eats, right? Food Baskets make the best gift ideas because everyone does eat.
On a budget? No problem. Food Gift baskets make the Ultimate frugal gift ideas too!
This year my in-laws wanted food as their gift for the holidays so I tried to become creative with different ways to accommodate that request.
I made several different food baskets (I will share all of them with you) so it would seem more meaningful than just bringing a grocery bag full of food. The gifts were well appreciated, and used.
DIY Pancake Gift Basket
In the gift basket I included:
- Chocolate Chips
- Canned Fruit Topping
- Pancake Molds
- Assorted Flavored Syrup
- Gather your ingredients, decide how many baskets you want to make and make sure you have enough supplies
- Print or Hand draw labels (I bought my labels from Avery and they are easy to print-link below) for the syrup and mix
- Place pancake mix in plastic bag and seal (you can use a zip lock)
- Staple pancake mix directions on bag
- Assemble all ingredients in the mixing bowl with tissue paper
Bonus Tip for Future Frugal Gift Ideas
If you enjoy making gifts for others as much as I do, I highly recommend you make a little investment in these items to really add that professional look to your gifts.
I print my own labels for all my products and gifts.
It’s super easy using the free Avery online templates and you can buy the labels at any big box store.
The heat sealer is a must have if you make honey straws (see how to here), in addition, it is perfect for sealing plastic gift bags.
Now the Piece De Resistance to really make your DIY Pancake Gift basket stand out, Homemade Maple Syrup- without a maple tree
Shortcuts For Your DIY Pancake Gift Basket
If you’re a person who likes to make gifts but short on time, here are some time-saving tips for you.
- Buy a box of pancake mix and measure it out per the serving suggestions on the box.
- On a box I used the instructions called for one cup of mix so I added 2 cups to each package and was able to make 3 bags.
- You can do the same with syrup, buy a couple of decorative bottles from the dollar tree or use a small mason jar and pour your syrup in the container and print a label for it.
Looks just like homemade- shhhhhhh, don’t tell.