Best EVER Homemade Spaghetti Sauce- Never buy from a jar again!
If you are new on your homesteading or healthy-eating journey, one of the challenges you may be facing is finding recipes that taste as good as the ones you are used to buying from the store, this was my challenge when finding a Homemade Spaghetti Sauce recipe my family would love.
In my opinion when it comes to Spaghetti Sauce, there are three types of people in this world #1- The kind who like moms (Italian Moms of course) #2 Ragu people (we don’t associate with them much) and then there is the rest of us #3 and the best store bought Spaghetti Sauce-Prego.
Finding and creating a recipe that would rival any Prego sauce became a several year challenge for me, but I do like a good challenge. After many, many, sacrificial tomatoes my family finally gave me the winning ribbon and I have been making this sauce ever since.
Best Spaghetti Sauce Ever
The key to making this recipe the best it can possible be is to use fresh ingredients; picking the ingredients right before using ensures peak ripeness for optimal flavor. Therefore I make about 6-8 batches of my sauce to last us all through the winter when tomatoes are out of season and store it by canning or freezing.
Best Ever Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Ingredients
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves- minced
- 1 large Onion- Diced
- 1 Large Diced Bell Pepper
- Two Tablespoons Chopped Basil- Fresh
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tbps Fresh Chopped Oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tsp Salt
- 7 Cups Fresh Diced Tomatoes
- 28 oz Tomato Paste
- 28 oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar + 2 Tbsp
Directions for the Best Spaghetti Sauce EVER
- Pour olive oil to a big 8 qt Stock Pot and turn on low heat.
- Add peppers, onions, salt and pepper to oil. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients except bay leaf.
- Puree with emulsion blender for 2 mins on high speed until you get a spaghetti sauce consistency
- Add bay leaf and simmer on low heat for 30 mins stirring occasionally.
- You can serve right away or process for storage by canning or freezing.
This recipe makes 2 full quarts and one full pint.
Homemade Spaghetti is perfect for gift-giving. Add a jar of homemade sauce to a basket with pasta and a wooden spoon.