Do you want a homemade low-carb and gluten free biscuits recipe that tastes amazing?
Forget the cardboard look alike, this recipe is exactly what you’ve been looking for!
Whether you’re eating a low carb diet to lose weight or get healthy, one thing we all miss is our bread. Let’s face it, carbs taste goooooooood. So why does eating healthy mean giving up our favorite foods? It doesn’t my good friend.
My low-carb gluten-free homemade biscuit recipe, just like grandma used to make, but without all the stuff that makes you feel bad. Eating healthy never tasted so good.
Gluten-Free & Low-Carb Homemade Biscuits
Nothing like comfort food to soothe the soul, you will love these low carb biscuits. If you really want to take these biscuits to the next level, top them with our low carb sausage gravy recipe, see recipe here. For some good old-fashioned biscuits and gravy.
This recipe goes perfectly with our keto friendly sausage gravy and just about any jelly or jam that you slather on it!
Gluten Free Biscuits Ingredients
- 2 1/2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 Cup Nut Flour
- 2 oz of Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
Preheat Oven to 400°
- Add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese together and melt in a double boiler or microwave
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder )
- Add 2 eggs to cheese and mix well
- Pour flour mixture into the egg and cheese mixture
- Knead until all ingredients are thoroughly blended
- Sprinkle counter lightly with flour and roll out dough until 1/2″ thick
- Use your biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits
- Place on lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-14 mins until they turn light brown
- Remove from oven and place biscuits on a cooling rack
This recipe makes ten gluten free biscuits
Perfect Topping for Gluten Free Biscuits
Biscuits and gravy go together, well, like biscuits and gravy. The two just go hand-n-hand. Our sausage gravy is another one of those comfort foods that we’ve successfully been able to make a gluten-free and low carb version without sacrificing any of the taste.
Do you have a favorite recipe you’ve been able to make low-carb?
I’m always looking for new ways to try old favorites, would love for you to share them with us. Bonus points if your recipe is made from scratch!