Being gluten-free or eating a keto diet does not mean you can’t enjoy life. You can cater to your chocolate cravings without eating foods that make you feel bad with this Amazing Gluten-Free Keto Brownies recipe. You won’t even know they’re sugar-free!
Ooey Gooey Gluten-Free Keto Brownies
Do you want to try the keto way of living but don’t want to give up some of your favorite guilty-pleasures in life such as homemade dark chocolate brownies? What if I told you that you COULD have your cake (brownies) and eat it too? It’s true! All the yummy goodness without the gluten or carbs in my brownie recipe.
Hi, my name is Amber and I am a carb addict. I love CARBS! Unfortunately, they don’t all love me. Although I have not been formally diagnosed with celiac disease, all forms of gluten make me feel horrific. Several years ago my doctor told me I had diabetes and I left his office with a plethora of medications I had to start taking. Determined to not be dependent on a pharmacy the rest of my life I removed all gluten and sugary treats from my life.
After a year of eating this way, and losing over 50lbs, I returned to my doctor for a follow-up visit. Not only was I no longer taking any meds, I no longer needed them as my health numbers all went back to normal!
Finding Gluten-Free and Keto Alternatives
One of the main reasons why people fail at diets and return to their former way of eating is because they miss their old food. They feel like they are being denied when they are told they can’t have pizza, baked goods, or a nice, warm ooey-gooey brownie.
I knew if this new way of eating was going to be a lifestyle change that I could commit to the rest of my life, I HAD to find healthy alternatives to my favorite recipes.
Gluten-Free, Keto, Sugar-Free AND AMAZING!
You may want to make two batches these are so good! However, don’t go overboard. You still need to watch your net carbs if you’re on a keto diet. Gluten-free and keto recipe still have calories, moderation is the key.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour or coconut flour.
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cocoa powder and melted butter together.
- Add in eggs and mix well to combine.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in vanilla
- Grease an 8×6 glass pan with butter, cooking spray or coconut oil. If you don’t want to grease the pan, you can line the pan with parchment paper instead.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking pan and spread evenly.
- Baking time: Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins for more fudgy keto brownies. 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean for more cake-like brownies.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into squares.
Do You Want More?
Are you looking for more gluten-free recipes to try that will taste great? Check out our recipe library here.