Seriously y’all, how many days after Halloween do you deal with a sugar-high child? Well I have one Healthy Halloween Dessert recipe that your kids will love and it won’t send them into a sugar coma.
Halloween Desserts, Trick? or Treat?
Halloween is upon us and that means High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Dyes, GMO ingredients, and SUGAR.
Sugar-oh my hyper goodness the sugar.
Jell-o has long been a favorite dessert from the very young to the very old. Jell-o is served in hospitals to those who are sick, recovering from surgery. Not to mention it’s generally a toddlers first ‘real food’ treat.
But what’s in our beloved wiggly dessert? Regrettably, Food Babe says Jell-O is more of a Trick than a Treat.
If you would like to read more about the toxic ingredients of store-bought jell-o, click here to read the article by Food Babe.
Healthy Halloween Dessert- Your Kids Will Love
Good News- You don’t have to give up your childhood dessert! You can make a healthy jello recipe that taste great AND your kids will love it.
Healthy Halloween Dessert Ingredients
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk, Almond Milk or Coconut Milk- Chilled
- 3 Tbsp of Cane Sugar or Honey
- 2 Tbsp of Gelatin- Vital Protein Gelatin
- Kale for Garnish
- 8 Mini pumpkins
- 2 Tbsp Raspberry or Strawberry Preserves
- Silicone Brain Mold
- In addition to the ingredients, you will need a brain mold. However, you can use small dessert bowls.
This recipe makes 8 brains using mold recommended below
Healthy Halloween Dessert Directions
- Heat orange juice over medium heat to almost boiling.
- Remove from heat and add Vital Protein Gelatin and sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of chilled milk- stir until blended.
- Pour jello into brain mold or dessert dishes.
- Chill for 4 hours or until firm
- When ready to serve, heat 2 Tbsp. Raspberry preserves until melted (easy to pour)
- Remove stem from mini pumpkin and place on small plate
- Add kale to top of pumpkin
- Place jell-o brain on kale
- Drizzle preserves over brain
Healthy Jell-O Recipes
Healthy Dessert Jell-O doesn’t stop at brains- here are a couple more recipes you might enjoy.
- Candy Corn Finger Jell-o Recipe by Kitchen Stewardship
- Immune Boosting Herbs In Finger Gelatin by Common Sense Homesteading
- Homemade Jell-o Gelatin- Sugar Free Option by Whole New Mom
More Halloween Fun
We enjoy decorating and making fun fall crafts and recipes, we know you will too!
Bring On Fall Y’all
Would you like some more fall inspiration? I have some other amazing recipes, how-to’s, and DIY’s I think you will really enjoy!