Have you ever had one of those dishes you despised as a child but LOVED as an adult?
This is that dish for me! My Aunt Bert’s Cold Bean Salad- with a twist.
The best part about this recipe? You can make it from beginning to end in less than 10 minutes!
Herb Infused Cold Bean Salad
As an added bonus, this Herb Infused Cold Bean Salad is vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy free and vegan!
So it makes the perfect dish for any gathering.
Packed with protein and flavor, this recipe can stand alone as a meal or as a side dish. I enjoy eating it with gluten-free chips and salsa with a side of fruit.
Cold Bean Salad Ingredients
When I make this recipe, I generally use whatever beans I have in the cabinet, it is very versatile.
You can add or delete any beans you like
- Four 12-14 oz cans of cooked beans.
- Examples: Black Beans, Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans), Black-Eyed Peas, Kidney Beans, Green Beans
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Half of a Red Onion
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp of Sweetener (organic cane sugar or sugar substitute)
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse and Drain Canned Beans
- Chop Pepper, Onion and Herbs
- In a big bowl, mix: Vinegar, Oil, Sugar, Salt and Pepper
- Add herbs to mixture- mix
- Add remaining ingredients
- Stir thoroughly
- Cover and place in fridge until chilled
I have recently started removing gluten from my diet in order to pinpoint my allergy triggers.
Consequently, I had to change many of my eating habits and search for new recipes.
I was thrilled to run across my Aunts recipe in an old cookbook, knowing how much I loved it AND it was gluten-free.
The herbs are the added twist I love to incorporate into any dish- they just bring a new level of flavor.
Do you have any favorite gluten-free or vegetarian dishes you would like to share?
I’m always looking to try new things!
If you love herbs as much as I do, or if you would like to learn more about cooking with herbs, check out more of my herbal recipes.