Fruit Roll-Ups aren’t just for kids anymore. Now you can enjoy a childhood favorite treat in a flavor you will love.
Our Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups in Nectarine & Sage will surprise your pallet and quickly become a pantry staple.
With just three simple ingredients, you won’t believe how easy Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups are to make.
Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups: Nectarine & Sage
As a child, my mother would take me to the local health food store and it was always a treat to get a fruit roll-up.
Back then, the flavor choices were pretty basic. You had: apple, grape, cherry, and I think they added peach or apricot.
Now the roll-ups come in every color (artificial) and flavor (also artificial) under the sun, with little to no nutritional value.
When you make your own fruit roll-ups, you have control over the ingredients and flavors.
As an added bonus, this recipe will help you utilize any left over fruit or fruit that is almost too ripe.
Nectarine & Sage Fruit Roll-Ups Recipe
You can adjust this recipe and let your imagination go wild.
- 1 Cup Chopped Nectarine
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 2 tsp Culinary Grade Sage- chopped
- Place Nectarine and Sage in a food processor or blender.
Puree until applesauce consistency.
- Add applesauce and stir until blended.
- Spread mixture on fruit leather tray in food dehydrator (this recipe makes 2 trays).
- Place tray in food dehydrator and run until dry.
This usually abut six hours depending on your dehydrator and the humidity.
- Let cool and remove from tray.
- You can eat immediately or roll in parchment paper to consume later.
- To look like store-bought, you can cut them into strips once rolled in parchment paper.
Other Fruit And Herb Combinations
- Peach and Sage
- Watermelon and Mint
- Blueberry and Lemon Balm
- Strawberry and Thyme
- Blackberry & Lavender
The combinations you can use are endless, so have fun with this recipe.
Health Benefits Of Nectarines
Nectarines are low in calories but are high in antioxidants and essential vitamins.
You can get creative with your menu in order to consume more of this super-food.
Add a nectarine to your yogurt, vitamin water, and snacks- like our homemade fruit roll-ups.
In addition to tasting great, some of the nutrients are:
- Vitamin C
To read more about the health benefits of nectarines, click here.
Health Benefits of Sage
Sage is generally my favorite holiday herb, but it also has some impressive nutritional and medicinal properties.
In medicinal lore, sage has one of the longest histories of use of any medicinal herb:
- Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-septic properties
- Increased intake of sage as a seasoning in food is recommended for persons with inflammatory conditions (like rheumatoid arthritis)
- Bronchial Asthma
- Alzheimer’s Disease- improves memory
- Cold Sores
- Throat Infections
More Amazing Sage Articles
Here are some other pretty awesome articles using Sage that you will enjoy.
- Sage Benefits- One Herb, Many Uses
- How to Make A Smudge Stick to Reduce Airborne Bacteria
- Plant A Mosquito Repelling Garden
- Natural Tick Repellents
Do You Have A Favorite Fruit Roll-Up Combination?
Please Share Your Recipe!