Our Chicken Marsala Recipe with Fresh Thyme is Insanely Easy to make! You will impress everyone at your table with this flavorful dish.
Have you ever tasted something so delicious, something so amazing, you just knew it would be impossible to make at home?
Well I’m here to tell you THIS is one of those recipes!
Chicken or Steak Marsala is one of those dishes that I have to order if it’s on the menu when we go out to eat.
Never in a million years did I think I could not only duplicate it, but exceed the taste of my favorite restaurant dish.
Our Insanely Easy Chicken Marsala with Fresh Thyme is a rich and savory dish. I always make the Chicken or Steak Marsala with mashed potatoes and a lightly roasted vegetable such as green beans or zucchini.
If you’re a fan of Chicken Marsala and would like to grow your own fresh thyme, we share simple steps on How to Grow Thyme.
Chicken Marsala Ingredients
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Pack of Au Jus Mix
- 1/2 Cup Marsala Wine
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 1 Medium Sliced Onion
- 8 oz. of Sliced Mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 1/2 Tsp Fresh Chopped Thyme or 1/2 tsp of dried
- 1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
In addition to steak or chicken, this recipe would also be delicious over a Portabella mushroom for guests that don’t eat meat.
- Season Chicken Breast with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken on skillet or grill until done.
- Set aside and keep warm
- Add butter to a sauté pan over medium heat
- Add: Onions, Mushrooms and Thyme
- Sauté over medium heat until onions and mushrooms are cooked
- Add Au Jus and stir until blended
- Slowly pour Marsala wine over mushroom mixture and stir.
- Add water, stir again.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins
- Spoon over Chicken or Steak and enjoy!