This stunning Pumpkin Edible Arrangement doubles as a centerpiece for your fall festivities.
Who doesn’t love decorations you can eat?
Seriously y’all, this is one of the most stunning edible arrangement centerpieces I have ever created. Almost too pretty to eat!
Our DIY Pumpkin Edible Arrangement can fit any dietary need. Whether you be gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo, or grain free, you can create a dish for any holiday or party with this recipe.
Preparing the Pumpkin for Decorating
I used a Pumpkin Pie Pumpkin, but you can use a carving pumpkin, gourd, or even a squash.
- Invert a cup or tin on top of the pumpkin and trace around
- Cut top of pumpkin and remove seeds and flesh inside
- Add floral foam or dirt to the cup
- Insert cup into hole on top of pumpkin
Pumpkin Edible Arrangement How To Video
In addition to the written instructions, I have also created a video for you to watch, showing how I assembled my Pumpkin Edible Arrangement.
DIY Pumpkin Edible Arrangement Supplies
Most of you will already have the supplies needed for this dish. However, if you need to buy anything, the cost should be minimal.
- Carving Knife
- Metal Shape Cutters
- Bamboo Skewers
- Cutting Board
- Paper Cup
- Floral Foam
- Pastry Bag* if you want to fill tomatoes
- Bowl of Ice Water
DIY Pumpkin Edible Arrangement Ingredients
Of course you will want to include vegetables your family and guests’ enjoy, so feel free to alter the ingredient list I suggest.
The key to picking ingredients is to choose a variety of colors and textures.
For example, red radishes, purple kale, orange peppers, green broccoli, or even a yellow tomato.
- Pie Pumpkin
- Sweet Peppers
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Green Onions or Chives (for stems)
- Fresh herbs of choice- I used basil.
- Dip for Vegetables: Ranch, Hummus or our Savory Pumpkin Spice Dip
DIY Pumpkin Edible Arrangement Directions
Granted some of the prep can be done ahead of time for this dish, but to create a crisp, beautiful edible arrangement, you will want to assemble it as close to show time as possible.
However, once you have the prep done, assembly will only take a few minutes.
- Prepare pumpkin (directions above) for decorating
- As soon as you cut and prep your vegetables, place in bowl of ice water until you are ready to decorate your edible arrangement.
- Cut your broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces, making sure to leave the stem intact.
- For your cucumber, you can peel it or leave the peel on- whichever you prefer.
- Use your shape cutters to cut cucumber slices into flowers.
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut thin slices in your radishes to look like roses.
- Slice tomatoes crosswise making sure not to cut all the way down *If you want to fill the tomatoes with cheese or hummus.
- Using a pastry bag or a plastic bag, fill sliced tomatoes with cream cheese or hummus
- Cut green stem off of onions
- Slide skewers of different lengths into green stems and set aside
DIY Pumpkin Edible Arrangement Assembly
- Add your kale all around the outer rim of your cup.
- Add cut vegetables to your skewer ends and arrange in the floral foam in your pumpkin
- Stack skewers tall and short with the various vegetables
- Fill in your pumpkin edible arrangement with herbs to add greenery
- Place in refrigerator until ready to display and serve
- Serve with ranch, hummus or our Savory Pumpkin Spice Dip
I would love for you to share pictures of your Pumpkin Edible arrangements!
What Goes Best with Our DIY Pumpkin Edible Arrangement?
Why our every so flavorful and beautiful Savory Pumpkin Spice Dip- With Fresh Herbs!
No lie, you make these two dishes- and you will be the talk of the town.
Herbal Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe+ Keto Recipe! - My Homestead Life
Wednesday 30th of October 2019
[…] Pumpkin Edible Arrangement + Bonus How-To Video This is a beautiful edible pumpkin arrangement, perfect for any fall party or holiday. […]
How To Grow, Harvest, Store, and Use Pumpkins! - My Homestead Life
Tuesday 24th of September 2019
[…] Edible Pumpkin Arrangement […]
Herbal Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe - My Homestead Life
Sunday 5th of November 2017
[…] Pumpkin Edible Arrangement + BONUS How To Video! […]
Monday 30th of October 2017
You have something really great here. I love doable things, and this one is. Thanks a lot for generously sharing with us your great work!