The wonderful aroma of Rosemary blends perfectly with your garden-fresh zucchini and it takes just minutes to make; slice, toss and place in your dehydrator it’s that easy to making this healthy snack.
Adults and kids alike enjoy this Zucchini Chips recipe so it is perfect to take to parties and family gatherings.
Paleo, Gluten & Grain-Free!
With all of the dietary restrictions, it’s hard to find something that everyone can eat.
Rosemary and Sea Salt Zucchini Chips are a gourmet snack that is compatible with all of the diets: vegan, vegetarian, paleo, gluten & grain-free, so it is perfect for all of your guest.
Zucchini- Delicious and Healthy
Not only is zucchini a delicious vegetable, it also provides some amazing health benefits like
- Improves eye health
- Helps lower cholesterol. The high-fiber content in zucchini helps in lowering cholesterol
- Helps reduce blood pressure
- Aids in weight-loss
- Strengthens bones & teeth
- High in Vitamin-C. A cup of chopped zucchini contains 22 milligrams of vitamin C
- Low in Calories (just 21 calories per cup!)
- Consuming zucchini also boosts your intake of manganese
Zucchini Is Easy To Grow
Zucchini is one of those vegetables that are a staple in most vegetable gardens. You may have even seen a meme to two about people ‘gifting’ their extra zucchini to unexpected friends and neighbors.
All joking aside, zucchini is easy to grow and produces an abundance during the season.
We offer step-by-step instructions on how to grow your own zucchini so you can have a fresh supply when making our chips!
What Tastes Good with Zucchini?
I serve these chips with any dish I would serve with potato chips or fries.
Serve them with burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, or in a bowl with a side of ranch for dipping.
Rosemary & Sea Salt Zucchini Chips
Serve these zucchini chips at parties or serve them as a snack. You can also use other vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, etc. Sacrifice calories not flavor with this healthy and delicious recipe, you’ll find you will get request to make it often.
Zucchini Chip Dehydrator Recipe
I like making the zucchini chips in the dehydrator because we don’t have ac and I avoid cooking in our wood cook stove in the summer. Wood stove and 90°+ temperatures inside the house don’t agree with me.
If you would prefer making them in an oven, I’ve provided instructions below.
- 4 Cups thinly sliced zucchini (you can substitute squash)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary (you can substitute any herb for rosemary if you like or omit it)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (or other cooking Oil)
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Cut the zucchinis into thin slices.
- Place the slices in a bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Let rest 30 mins.
- Drain any liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Lay the zucchini chips out flat (do not overlap) on your dehydrator trays and place in dehydrator.
- Turn dehydrator on (120°)
- Flip the zucchini chips half way through the drying process.
- Chips are done when they are no longer soft and have a nice crunch when you bite them.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container up to 3 days.
How Longs Does It Take To Dehydrate Zucchini Chips?
Depending on the type of dehydrator you have, it will take roughly 7-10 hours to make crispy zucchini chips. Less time if you want them softer.
Oven Directions For Zucchini Chips
If you don’t have a dehydrator or prefer to cook them in the oven, you can achieve the same amazing taste using either method.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Serve these zucchini chips with dip or salsa. You can also use them as a side dish as the rosemary and sea salt compliment chicken and steak.
- Follow the steps 1-5 as listed above.
- Place the sliced zucchinis on a drying rack in a single layer and place the rack on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the zucchinis for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flip the zucchinis over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the zucchinis from the oven and let cool completely before serving.
How Do I Make Crispy Zucchini Chips?
Zucchini has a lot of liquid that needs to be removed in order to produce the crispy chip. By following our instructions of adding salt and letting the chips set for 30 mins then draining, you’ll help remove some of that moisture and reduce cooking time.
In addition to salting and draining, extending the dehydrating or cooking time will help make your chips more crisp.
How Do You Keep Zucchini Chips From Getting Soggy?
When it comes to chips, humidity is not your friend. You need to let your chips cool completely before storing. The heat from baking will create condensation if stored before cool.
Another tip to make soggy chips crisp again is to put them back in the oven for five mins.
When summer gardens are in full swing and you’ve planted zucchini and squash, you have a LOT of zucchini and squash!
We have 5 easy zucchini and squash recipes for you to make and enjoy this summer.