Are you looking for delicious recipes to cook in your cast iron skillet? Well look no further my friend.
Our insanely tasty Chicken recipe will take your taste-buds for a joy ride!
This simple dish taste as good as it looks. Pallet-pleasing flavors and eye catching colors, this is sure to be one of your families staples.
Skillet Chicken & Tomatoes
- 1-1/2 pounds thin-sliced chicken, boneless
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves or 3 1/2 TBS of Fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons flour, divided
You can substitute King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 1/2 garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- Finely chopped small onion
- 1 (14.5 oz can) diced tomatoes, drained OR dice 5 fresh tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half (milk will work!)
- 8 ounces pasta, spaghetti, linguine
Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Directions
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Drain well, saving a cup or so of pasta water.
- Mix seasoning in a small bowl. Reserve 2 teaspoons in a small bowl.
- Stir 2 tablespoons flour into remaining seasoning.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture. There will be some flour mixture remaining, throw this away.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium heat.
- Add chicken, cooking 2 minutes per side until browned and cooked thoroughly.
- Add additional oil if needed. Removed chicken, keep warm.
- Using same skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil, add onion, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon flour.
- Add drained tomatoes, stock and remaining seasoning mixture.
- Bring this to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half. Returning chicken to skillet and cook until heated.
Can’t Get Enough Cooking With Herbs?
We have more of our delicious recipes for cooking with herbs.
Do you want to learn more about cooking with Cast Iron?
One of my favorite shows is Tim Farmer’s Country Kitchen
They have a whole series about cooking with Cast Iron over a campfire, I know you’ll love it as much as I do!