Do you have an abundance of mint and don’t know what to do with it? Look no further, I have the answer you’ve been waiting for!
Recently I gifted a friend a mint plant and she turned me on this crazy simple recipe that taste amazing.
With just 3 ingredients and a handful of mint you can make Fresh Mint Candy.
There are over 2000 species of mint, but for this recipe you want to use one of the following:
- Kentucky Colonel Mint
- Pineapple Mint
- Apple Mint
- Chocolate Mint
This recipe makes a great treat for kids, for parties, as a garnish or just about any time you want a sweet refreshing snack.
Fresh Mint Candy
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Mint Leaves- washed and patted dry
- 1/4 Cup of Fine Sugar
Tip: I only had granulated sugar so I put the sugar in my blender until it became a fine powder
- 1 Egg White
*You can substitute 2 Tbsp. of Corn Syrup if you do not want to use eggs
- 2 tsp of water
- Mix egg white ( or corn syrup) and water together
- Brush egg mixture on mint leaves
- Sprinkle sugar over fresh mint leaves
- Place Sugar Coated Mint Leaves on cookie sheet or on tray in food dehydrator
- Place in oven on lowest setting until crisp.
- I used my Food Dehydrator on 115° for 2 hours
- Remove your Fresh Mint Candy, let cool and store in airtight container.
Your Fresh Mint Candy will last a long time if humidity does not get to it.
We eat ours up before it ever has the chance to get soggy.
I like using smaller fresh mint leaves instead of the bigger ones.
The bigger leaves are sometimes hard to swallow if you chew them for a while.
The small mint leaves just seem to melt in your mouth, leaving a fresh feeling.
Do You Want To Know More About Mint?
Let’s face it, if you’re growing mint, chances are you have a LOT of mint. Thankfully, there are many, many, uses for mint. I’ve listed some of my favorite below that I know you’ll enjoy.
Other Amazing Ways You Can Use Mint
In addition to all the wonderful ways you can use fresh mint mentioned above, I have some other articles that include mint.
A big shout out to my friend Michele P!